Nestled amidst the Western Ghats in the state of Kerala, Munnar is a picturesque hill station renowned for its lush green tea plantations, misty mountains, and serene landscapes. With its pleasant climate and abundant natural beauty, Munnar has become a favored destination for travelers seeking tranquility and adventure.
Day 1: Arrival and Local Sightseeing
How to Reach Munnar:
- By Road: Munnar is well-connected by road, and you can easily reach here by hiring a taxi or taking a bus from nearby cities like Kochi (135 km), Coimbatore (160 km), or Madurai (160 km).
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Munnar is Aluva (Ernakulam district), located approximately 110 km away. From the railway station, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Munnar.
- By Flight: The nearest airport to Munnar is Cochin International Airport, which is about 110 km away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to Munnar.
Flowers Show in Munnar:
Echo Point: Head to Echo Point, a fascinating spot where your voice echoes through the hills. Surrounded by lush greenery and a serene lake, it’s a great place to unwind and enjoy nature’s symphony.
Day 2: Adventure and Exploration
- Rajamalai (Eravikulam National Park):
Embark on an early morning visit to Rajamalai, part of the Eravikulam National Park, renowned for its endangered inhabitant – the Nilgiri Tahr (mountain goat). The park’s undulating terrain and enchanting scenery offer a delightful experience for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Mattupetty Dam:
After the national park visit, head to Mattupetty, where you can enjoy a boat ride in the serene waters of Mattupetty Dam, surrounded by tea gardens and the majestic Western Ghats.
For adventurous souls, a visit to Kolukkumalai, one of the world’s highest tea plantations, is a must. Enjoy the breathtaking views and savor freshly brewed tea at the estate.
Day 3: Nature’s Beauty and Wonder Valley
- Wonder Valley Forest Adventures Park:
- Pothamedu View Point:
Capture the beauty of Munnar from the Pothamedu View Point, which offers panoramic views of the rolling hills and sprawling tea estates. It’s an ideal spot for photographers and nature lovers.
- Tea Museum and Tea Gardens:
Before leaving Munnar, explore the Tea Museum, which gives insights into the history and process of tea-making in the region. Also, take a leisurely stroll through the tea gardens to experience the tranquil ambiance.
Things to Do in Munnar:
- For Couples: Munnar’s serene ambiance and romantic landscapes make it an ideal destination for couples. Enjoy a romantic boat ride at Kundala Lake, witness the stunning sunrise from Meesapulimala, and indulge in a couples’ spa session at one of the luxury resorts.
- For Solo Riders: Solo travelers can explore the wilderness of Anamudi Shola National Park, go trekking in Chokramudi Peak, and interact with the local tribes to experience the rich culture of the region.
- For Group of Friends: Engage in fun activities like camping at Top Station, cycling through picturesque routes, and organizing a bonfire night at one of the scenic spots.
With its blend of natural beauty and adventure, Munnar offers a memorable experience for every traveler. Plan your 3-day trip to this enchanting hill station and create lasting memories amidst nature’s wonders.